Reliability, professionalism and quality.
The Fascel Group was established in 1989 to service the needs of the building services industry.
Fascel (formerly F&S Pipeworks) operates in the health, education, micro science, ICT infrastructure, commercial and industrial sectors, carrying out all aspects of building service solutions.
When working in construction you need to be confident that you can trust the teams that you partner on major construction projects. For 25 years, the team at Fascel has been a trusted, respected partner of many large organisations, delivering world-class business services and infrastructure on both government and private sector contracts.
Since 1989, Fascel has been an integral partner in major construction and building service projects. Our skilled personnel, specialist equipment and industry leading service can be relied upon whatever the project complexity or deadline.
The company’s success and the long-standing working relationships that have been built up over the last 25 years have been founded on an unwavering commitment to delivering a quality service, product and strengthening relationships with a proactive, innovative approach to an ever changing market sector.
I have worked with Fascel now for over 15 years. They are always professional, proactive with a flexible approach and always provide a high quality installation
Michael Wakeling, Wates Construction Midlands & Northern
Fascel is an integral partner in major construction and M&E projects. Its skilled personnel, specialist equipment and industry leading service can be relied upon whatever the project complexity or deadline.
Fascel Group has four divisions to cater for its clients needs: Fascel Mechanical, Fascel Mechanical & Electrical Services, Fascel Managed Services and Fascel Fabrication.
The company’s large office-based, pre-fabrication facility is located in Luton, Bedfordshire, close to junction 11 of the M1 motorway, from where it can easily service a multitude of regions.
Fascel Group directly employs over 100 field staff, including fully qualified pipefitters, plumbers, and welders, all of whom are CSCS registered. Its electrical service is undertaken by fully vetted, trusted and qualified service partners. Fascel Group Directors are very hands-on and will take daily responsibility for project management, client liaison, quality levels and health & safety.
Fascel Group is ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 qualified. It’s a member of B&ES (formerly HVCA), and a member RoSPA, through which it was granted the prestigious RoSPA Gold Medal Health & Safety award, plus many other gold awards.
Fascel Group is CHAS, Gas Safe and OFTEC registered, and has many more accreditations such as Safecontractor and Building Confidence. It employs a full-time Health & Safety Manager and Quality Control manager to ensure it offers a complete, controlled range of services.
- Andy Carr - Managing DirectorAndy is a businessman through and through. He’s a consummate negotiator, and his personable nature has won him huge respect in both supplier and customer relationships. He’s methodical and organised in managing both contracts and personnel and one of his first jobs in F&S was to embed good company practices and secure both ISO9001 and ISO14001. Health and safety are huge drivers for change and Andy has additionally taken it upon himself to oversee the serious business of complying with legislation. Andy was appointed Managing Director in 2009 and has big plans for the combined growth of Fascel Group.
- Martin Shaw - ChairmanMartin has been an integral part of the business from the day it was founded and became Managing Director in 1998. Under his leadership the company enjoyed rapid growth and expansion over the following ten years. In 2008 Martin stood down as Managing Director and was appointed Chairman of Fascel after a restructure of the business.
Martin's involvement today includes business liaison, business development and supporting the board.
- Kevin Large - Project DirectorWith over 30 years experience in mechanical engineering, Kevin has amassed sound management and operational efficiency skills, which distinguish him as a project leader. His thorough understanding of business processes, combined with practical experience, have seen Kevin complete some significant, large-scale projects for Fascel Group and became a respected part of the Fascel Group board in 2000.
- John Earley - Project DirectorThe construction industry is in John’s blood; he has worked in it for over 30 years. However, it is his eye for detail, his enterprising nature and his intuitive client relationship skills that earned him a Directorship at Fascel Group and well-deserved place on the Board in 2005. John is instrumental in controlling quality and costs on large projects.
Corporate Responsibility Statement
Fascel Group defines corporate responsibility as action taken by the Group which positively impacts on our customers, our shareholders, our people, our suppliers and the communities around our businesses, and which includes and goes beyond our legal or regulatory obligations. Examples of our commitment to corporate responsibility include:
- investing for the long term to bring out the best in our people;
- acting as a responsible shareholder;
- investing in our communities;
- engaging with customers;
- managing our environmental impacts;
- maintaining effective health and safety management systems.
Fascel is committed to corporate responsibility in order to enhance the value of its business and that of the Group as a whole. The nature of each business as well as local cultures and needs determine which issues are most relevant in our markets in addition to minimum standards set by the Group. The Managing Director is responsible for advising the Board on corporate responsibility matters.
Fascel are committed to reporting on our corporate responsibility policies and actions annually, which will enable others to judge our performance. In shaping our particular approach to corporate responsibility, we will engage with business and non-business interest groups to ensure that we fully understand their expectations of us and to ensure that our policies and programmes address relevant issues.
Fascel aims to set, maintain and promote high standards of corporate responsibility. As a provider of mechanical services, we believe that a positive record as a conscientious employer, acting responsibly and with integrity, will enhance our reputation. As such, we believe it can contribute to our long-term financial success and to our primary objective of achieving shareholder value.
Fascel Mechanical was set up to directly replace F&S Pipework Services Ltd. It’s the Group’s core business activity and represents 75% of its turnover.
Fascel Mechanical provides pipework installations, including Chw, Lthw, Mthw, Steam, compressed air, gas and oil, using all types of materials and methods. It also carries out plumbing installations like soil and waste, Rwp, domestic water services, 2nd fix and sanitary ware. Projects are resourced by Fascel’s own Gas Safe accredited and OFTEC registered professionals, along with fully qualified welders and trained staff.
Fascel Mechanical carries out small/medium non-structural steelwork fabrications and installations, largely for the needs of its pipework and plumbing projects. It also does small, medium or large pipework installations on building projects in sectors like health, education, bioscience, ICT infrastructure, commercial office and industrial. It uses a range of different materials for its installations, including carbon steel, plastics, cast irons, copper, stainless steel and all types of crimped systems.
No job is too big or too small for Fascel Mechanical but typically its contract values range from £10K to £5M. It has an office-based, pre-fabrication division, which helps on larger or more sensitive builds. This enables the company to not only reduce the number of operatives required to execute works on-site but also to minimise the health & safety aspect of the contract.
Fascel Mechanical & Electrical Services is focused on building successful relationships and partnerships with its clients, with a view to generating increased levels of business.
Its high standards of work reflect the strong customer care culture it has developed and enable it to tailor all its services through bespoke building service agreements, thus creating sustainable and mutually beneficial commercial relationships
The mechanical and electrical (M&E) division was predominately set up to cater for local government and council framework agreements and only uses the services of fully vetted and trusted service partners. It essentially provides an unparalleled and fully coordinated ‘one stop’ M&E solution for all customers’ building services needs, from minor refurbishments to complete M&E design and build packages on contracts valued around £1M.
Fascel Mechanical & Electrical Services Ltd has a unique customer-focused approach, working in partnership with all works stakeholders. It aims to exceed client expectations by delivering best value solutions, by making exceptional service a priority and by building strong relationships with the total supply chain.
Fascel Fabrication operates from a 4,000 sq.ft. production facility at Fascel Group’s Luton premises. The fabrication division was established primarily to support the Group’s Mechanical Services division.
Fascel Fabrication’s services include:
- Carbon steel pipework fabrication up to 600mm diameter
- Stainless steel pipework fabrication up to 600mm diameter
- Welding to BS2633 (Class I), ASME IX or BS2971 (Class II)
- Welders qualified in accordance with BS EN 287
- Welding Processes: STT, MIG/MAG, MMA and TIG
- Non-destructive testing by arrangement
- Pipe threading facilities up to 100NB
- Roll grooving from 25NB to 300NB
- Quality control to BS EN ISO 9001:2008
- Electronic receipt of drawings and documentation
- Development of drawings from simple layouts/schematics into working fabrication/installation drawings
The facilities available in-house at Fascel fabrication include:
- Welding Machines
- Semi-automatic pipe cutting plant
- BSP threading machines
- Threaded fitting ‘make-on’ machines
- Roll grooving machinery
- Material handling equipment
- Plotting and copying to A0 size
- Delivery vehicles with Hiab load-handling capabilities
Quality matters to your business, and to ours. Through auditing every operational aspect to a robust set of international standards, Fascel strives to continually improve.
Centrally located in Luton with its own prefabrication facilities, Fascel is ideally placed to deliver high quality building services solutions to major construction projects in the midlands, London and the home counties.
procedures & QA
The objective of Fascel’s Quality Assurance Program is to maintain an already high standard of construction and to constantly improve upon this. The policy of Fascel Group is to supply Labour, Plant and Materials of an approved quality standard that ensure total customer satisfaction. The company quality system provides assurance that the services provided by Fascel Group are as follows:-
- materials are of high quality
- conform to all relevant specs
- conform to all requirements to ensure customer satisfaction
- operatives are suitable to the task presented
- suitable equipment used for the task
Our Quality Statement
Our reputation depends on the quality and reliability of our service. Our Quality Management System incorporates ISO 9001, 14001 and 18001 and is regularly reviewed to ensure we maintain consistent, high quality delivery and continually improve.
Health & Safety
Fascel works hard to provide a safe working environment for its staff, operatives, sub contractors, associated contractors and their staff, and the general public. Fascel has been consistently recognised for its health and safety performance by RoSPA, the charity that promotes safety and accident prevention.
In addition to retaining support from the European Health & Safety Advisors, Fascel also employs its own full-time Health, Safety and Environment Manager whose responsibility it is to address on and off-site issues like:
- prepare strategies and policies to minimise risk
- visit sites to ensure procedures are being properly implemented
- effect practical methods to improve safe working practices
- make changes to comply with new legislation
- investigate incidents and make recommendations
- ensure equipment is safely installed
- advise on such areas as hazardous substances, noise, fire regulations
The attitude and co-operation of everyone at Fascel is excellent. They’ve always met our high expectations of quality, delivery and Health & Safety standards.
Nick Blewitt, BAM Construction Ltd
Fascel are very proud to have been involved with the challenging and striking new London landmark, the Greenwich Peninsula Energy Centre.
The Greenwich Peninsula Energy Centre has been designed and built to heat Greenwich Peninsula, one of London’s largest housing developments. It will be the heart of the new development, pumping hot water to the thousands of homes and businesses across the site.
The client wanted to go down the route of site-welded but were convinced that the better approach was to do the welding at the Fabrication Yard so that we were able to have control over the process and we were also able to remove any risk.
The completion date for the initial contract is due to finish in December 2016, however, work will continue on the energy centre for years to come.
Read the full story of this amazing new development here.
Fascel are very proud to have been involved with the challenging and striking new London landmark, the Greenwich Peninsula Energy Centre.View news article
Fascel make Constructionline Approval SystemView news article
Fascel and Luton Town Football Club - upwards and onwards.View news article
Fascel recognised with BAM Gold awardsView news article
BAM Management praise Fascel’s work on site at their Netley project.View news article
New Fascel signs go up at Luton Town Football ClubView news article
Fascel Group has been assessed by CHASView news article
Over the last 10 years, the professionalism, quality standards, proactive approach and commitment to Health & Safety mean that Fascel are an integral part of our supply chain.
Chris George, Skanska Rashleigh Weatherfoil
- Client: Skanska
- Details: Cooling Water
- Programe: 12 Week
- Scope of Work: Installation of chilled and boosted cold water service.
- Value: 440k
We would love to hear from you and discuss how we can help deliver your next project on time, on budget and to the highest standards.
Please get in touch by filling in and submitting this short enquiry form.
32 Camford Way, Luton,
Bedfordshire, LU3 3AN, UK
t: 01582 560606
f: 01582 494234
The calibre and skills of Fascel employees are a big part of why the firm is so well respected and trusted. It employs over 100 CSCS registered pipefitters, plumbers, welders and assistants and ensures they receive continuing professional development to maintain regulatory standards and keep them skilled and motivated.
For current vacancies click here
Unfortunately there are no vacancies at Fascel Group currently. Thank you for your interest.
Health and Safety Documentation
INDEX OF APPENDICES
Abrasive Wheels Register of Appointments
Accident Report Form
Application to Operate Company Vehicle
Competence Verification Form
Contractor H&S Pre-Contract Appraisal
Contractor/Sub-Contractor H&S Monitoring Record
Contractor/Sub-Contractor H&S Rules/Guidance
COSHH Risk Assessment
Driver’s Risk Assessment
DSE Initial Assessment
DSE Risk Assessment
Dynamic Risk Assessment
Enforcement Authority Visit Outcomes Forms
Fire Safety Checklist
Fire Safety Policy Statement
H&S Monitoring Checklist (Office)
HAV Exposure Record
Hazard/Defect Report Form
Health and Safety Record
Hot Work Permit
HS&E Monitoring Record
Lone Working Process Map
Lone Working Risk Assessment
Manual Handling Risk Assessments
Mobile Towers etc Inspection Record
NEMs Risk Assessment
PPE Acceptance Form
PPE Recieve Form
Record of Noise Assessment
Record of Plant Inspection
Record of Safety Harness
Respirator Fit Test Certificate
Respirator Fit Test Record
Risk Assessment Flow Diagram
Risk Assessment History/Review Summary
Selection of Equipment for Working at Height
Site Audit Non-Conformance Sheet
Site Survey Form
Site Training Attendance Register
Site Waste Management Plan (SWMP)
Small Contractor Authorisation Form (SCA)
Steps & Ladders Inspection
Vechicle/Plant Machinery Pre Use Safety Inspection
Vehicle Operator Authorisation Record
Violence at Work Report
Visual Inspection Checklist for Equipment/Machinery/Plant
WAH Rescue Plan